Yummy Cheesy White Chicken Enchiladas
Have you had enchiladas? You know, the ones with the tangy red sauce? Here at our house, we tend to automatically think of enchiladas as what can be thought of as traditional enchiladas with ground beef and red sauce. So when I saw this recipe for White Chicken Enchiladas, I thought…”Hmm… We love having chicken, so why not this recipe for cheesy white chicken enchiladas a try!” And, OMG, I am soooo happy that I did, and you will too!
SOME IDEAS FOR SIDES
When you prepare these cheesy enchiladas you may want to have something as a side dish. Nine times out of ten, our families first choice is Spanish rice. Another option is to serve a salad on the side. Salads are an awesome choice for families because you can add in the different veggies that you and your family like and hopefully will eat!
METHODS TO COOK AND SHRED CHICKEN
There are a few ways you can get cooked chicken that is needed for this recipe.
- The EASIEST way to get cooked chicken is to pick up a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store.
- You can also get cooked chicken for this recipe by roasting chicken breast in the oven. Season the chicken with your favorite seasoning and roast it in your oven until its cooked and yummy.
- If you own a pressure cooker, you can prepare your chicken in a flash! You can even add in frozen pieces of chicken breast, if you are anything like me, and often forget to take out your meat to thaw!
- Also boiling the chicken is another option. You can add your favorite seasonings to the water to flavor your chicken.
When it comes to shredding the chicken, there are a few easy ways to accomplish this task also.
- Two fork shred
- stand mixer shred
- Pampered Chef salad chopper
LISTED OF INGREDIENTS NEEDED
- Cooked Chicken
- flour tortillas
- chicken broth
- sour cream
- green chilies
- cheddar cheese
- Monterey jack cheese
- seasonings of your choice
Some of the kitchen tools and equipment that will be helpful in preparing this recipe are listed here:
- Cooling Rack
- Prep bowls
- Small Mix N Scraper
- Easy Read Measuring Cup Set
- Measure All Cup
- Flexible Cutting Mat Set
- Glass Mixing Bowl Set
- Garlic Press
- Salad Chopper
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 cups chicken, cooked shredded
- 2 cups cheese, Monterey Jack shredded
- 1 cup cheese, Cheddar shredded
- 14-20 flour tortilla burrito size
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can green chiles, diced 4oz
- seasonings your choice
First step, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in a pot.
Add crushed garlic to melted butter. Saute until lightly fragrant.
Stir in the flour and cook for about one minute.
Add in chicken broth. Stir sauce until it begins to thicken.
Once sauce is thicker, add in sour cream and green chilies. Remove sauce from heat.
Stuff burrito shells with shredded chicken and cheese. Roll stuffed burritos and place in greased 9×13 baking dish.
After all burrito shells are all stuffed and rolled and added to the baking dish, pour over the white sauce. Spread sauce over burritos to cover completely.
Sprinkle additional cheese over top of the burritos and sauce.
Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and slightly brown or to your liking.
Remove and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: